Tuesday, September 1, 2026

Time Passes - poem

 Time Passes - poem 

---------------------

(thanks to ChatGPT for helping me to translate my original Tamil Poem into English  )

Time Passes - poem 

--------------

In every season of life,

time somehow finds a way to pass.


When I went to the shop

to buy a piece of candy,


when I sat frightened,

buried in my books for an exam,


when I lay yearning,

thinking of someone or other,


when I went to work

and learned the ways of life,


when I wandered with friends,

playing, chatting, laughing away the hours,


when I lived surrounded

by family and children,


when my blood had run dry

and I lived on medicines,


when I lay lamenting,

looking back at all that had gone—


time, once never enough,

has now become

a time that refuses to pass.


--— Nagendra Bharathi


My Poems/Stories/Articles in Tamil and English 


No comments:

Post a Comment