I Feel Sorry for Him -poem
------------
(thanks to ChatGPT for helping me to translate my original Tamil Poem into English )
I Feel Sorry for Him -poem
-------------------
When I look at him,
I feel sorry for him—
not affection.
He could have come along
when I went to school.
He could have come along
when I went to the cinema.
He could have come along
when I went out to play.
He could have consoled me
when I failed my exams.
He could have comforted me
when I lay sick with fever.
He could have consoled me
when I was heartbroken in love.
Instead, he wandered
from office to office,
and all he brought home
was money—
cash to keep the household going.
Now, at sixty,
he lies at home,
with nowhere to go.
And when I look at him,
I feel sorry for him.
Not affection.
— Nagendra Bharathi
My Poems/Stories/Articles in Tamil and English
No comments:
Post a Comment