Saturday, October 10, 2026

When Shall We Be Born Again? - poem

 When Shall We Be Born Again?- poem 

------------

'Thanks to ChatGPT for assisting in the English translation of my original Tamil creations.”)

--------

When Shall We Be Born Again?- Poem 

------------


He held the bicycle seat,  

Ran beside me,  

His hand lightly steadying me  

As I learned to ride.


At the tank steps,  

He lay flat on his stomach,  

Held my legs afloat,  

And taught me how to swim.


Up the rough-barked tree,  

He helped me climb  

And settle in its fork,  

Then pushed my feet  

To send me swinging.


When lessons slipped my mind  

And anguish took their place,  

He made me recite  

Every multiplication table  

Until I remembered.


There he goes now—


Lying on a bamboo bier.


When shall we  

Be born again,  

You and I?

-----Nagendra Bharathi 



My Poems/Stories/Articles in Tamil and English 


No comments:

Post a Comment