Saturday, October 10, 2026

I Have Somewhere to Go - poem

 I Have Somewhere to Go- poem 

------------

'Thanks to ChatGPT for assisting in the English translation of my original Tamil creations.”)


I Have Somewhere to Go- poem

------------


Mother asked me  

To buy vegetables  

On my way back.


But I have somewhere to go—  

I must meet my beloved.


Father asked me  

To look for a job.


But I must go  

Looking for her.


My younger sister asked me  

To buy her a book.


But I must go  

And study my lessons.


My little brother asked me  

To bring him peanut candy.


But I must go  

And taste the sweets of love.


Everyone keeps asking me  

To buy this and that.


But there is something  

I must go and get—


Something  

I have been longing for.


--------Nagendra bharathi 

  

My Poems/Stories/Articles in Tamil and English  


No comments:

Post a Comment